Special Event Permits
Do You Need a Special Event Permit?
The City recognizes the need to encourage and promote events. The Special Event Permit process is intended to provide a safe, orderly means for special events to be held within the City limit. All regulations are deemed necessary to protect the health, safety, and general welfare of the volunteers, members, and their patrons.
A permit is required to conduct a Special Event. Special event means a temporary event, gathering, or organized activity, including, but not limited to, parades, bike and foot races, block parties, street fairs, concerts, carnivals, festivals, or other similar events or attractions that include one or more of the following:
- Commonly held outdoors or
- Interfere with the normal flow or regulation of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or
- Require special City services, including, but not limited to, street closure(s), provision of barricades, refuse services, stages, special parking arrangements, special electrical services or special safety services; or
- Are held on City property.
A Special Event Permit is not required for:
- Funeral or dignitary processions;
- Groups required by law to be so assembled;
- Pedestrian processions along a route that is restricted to sidewalks and crossing streets only at pedestrian crosswalks in accordance with traffic regulations and controls;
- An event wholly contained on private property specifically designed or suited for the event and which holds a certificate of occupancy for such, including adequate parking and
- Activities and events deemed by the City Manager or his designated representative do not require a special event permit.
Submit the application, application fee, and supplemental requirements at least 90 days before the event. The application will be reviewed by each City Department and may result in the need for additional information. If your event will be utilizing a City park or facility, reserving the park or facility is highly recommended prior to applying for a special event permit. Click here for reservations.
If needed, a meeting with the Special Events Review Committee will be held at least 60 days prior to the event to ensure proper communication.
The City shall act upon a complete event application within thirty (30) business days after receipt of the application. A Special Event Permit is granted once the application, supplemental forms, and plans have been approved and all fees paid.
Non Profit - $35
For Profit - $50
Applicants for a Special Event Permit shall furnish the City with proof of commercial general liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) combined single limits per occurrence, and an endorsement naming the City of Marble Falls as an additional insured must be provided. Certificates of insurance shall be submitted to the City no less than (15) business days prior to the event.