- City Secretary
The Marble Falls City Secretary
The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the City Council. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and the City Charter. The City Secretary's Office serves as the link between the citizens and their government, providing quick courteous service and easy access to information.
The City Secretary's Office scope of business includes the following:
- Acting as custodian of all official records of the city.
- Attending City Council Meetings and posting and compiling meeting agendas and minutes.
- Processing TABC Alcoholic Beverage Licenses.
- Acting as Election Administrator for City Elections.
- Recruitment for, applications for and appointments to all city boards and commissions.
- Acting as Public Information Officer, responsible for providing documents requested under the Public Information Act.
- Maintaining the City's Code of Ordinances.
- Holding and maintaining the City seal, affixing it to all instruments requiring such seal.
- Overseeing publications and postings of legal notices.
- Preserving and providing access to the City's official and historical records.
- Processing contracts and agreements.
- Processing all liens and lien releases.
- Receiving sealed bids and RFP's.
- Preparing proclamations for the Mayor.
- Validating and certifying petitions.
Training and Certification
Christina McDonald received her Texas Registered Municipal Clerk (TRMC) Certification from the Texas Municipal Clerks Association through the University of North Texas in January 2001. She has served as City Secretary since February 1997.