News Flash

Home - News Flash

Posted on: February 19, 2021

2021 Winter Storm Permitting & Inspection Information

As a result of the extreme weather conditions Texas has experienced over the last week, many of you may have damage to your homes and businesses. The information below is intended to provide some information regarding any needed repairs resulting from our winter storm event. Understanding the magnitude and inconvenience of this situation, the City is waiving all permit fees due to damages originating from Winter Storm.

If you do not have running water in your home or business, your water pipes may be frozen. As water pipes, inside and out, freeze and/or thaw, they can leak or even burst due to pressure. 

  • To reduce the possibility of damage, you should open an inside faucet while you have low or no water pressure to allow any frozen water still in the pipe room to expand. 
  • For those currently without water service, an open faucet will also allow for any air left in the line to be released and not get trapped in the pipes when pressure is restored to the area. 
  • You can also turn off your water at the cut-off valve at your water meter, especially if you will not be there when the water thaws or is restored, and slowly turn it back on once water is restored to monitor any possible leaks.

If pipes at your home or business leak or burst, turn off your water supply at the cut-off valve at your water meter immediately. 

  • If you are unable to locate the valve at your water meter or if the valve doesn’t work, please call 830-798-7095 for assistance OR one of the inspectors whose contact information is provided below. 
  • Please note that any repair of pipes on private property are the responsibility of the property owner and we recommend a professional plumber to repair. 

A building/plumbing permit is not required for repair or maintenance work of existing piping.  Any restoration work that expands beyond repair, requires a permit issued a permit by the City of Marble Falls prior to any construction work commencing.  

Regarding electrical repairs - although most electrical outages in the area will have been due to high demands or availability of service at your location, some of you may have electrical repairs needed at your home or business. Please note that any electrical work must be done by a professional electrician (unless you are performing work on your homestead) and in any scenario will require an electrical permit to be obtained from the City. If a tree fell on the service, the work can be completed immediately and an electrical permit pulled and an inspection approved after to get the service back on ASAP to the customer.

Customer Service, Questions and On-Line Permitting

Please be patient, Citywide there are water line breaks and a substantial amount of emergency shut-offs because of the number of broken private plumbing lines.

 Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm for questions, permitting information, or to schedule an inspection.

Contact the Development Services Department located at 801 4th Street, Marble Falls, TX, or call 830.798.7095.

After hours or for detailed questions, you can contact our inspectors directly below for questions or assistance (please be patient with their availability):

Michael Ingalsbe, Building Official                 Chris Pounds, Building Inspector

C: 830-637-0865                                              C: 512-755-2023

O: 830-798-7087                                              O: 830-798-7088

For permitting, apply for a permit electronically go to

  • Our online system provides digital permit project management and inspection notifications.
  • To apply for an online permit, you must create an account, step-by-step directions are available HERE


Facebook Twitter Email