On Monday, May 18, 2020, Governor Abbott announced Phase 2 of his phased plan to reopen Texas during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Phase One of the Governor’s plan was effective May 1 and included opening restaurants and retailers at 25% occupancy with a potential to move to Phase Two as early as May 18.
Effective today the following businesses may reopen: gyms, exercise facilities, manufacturers and office-based employers. Child care facilities, including Boys & Girls Clubs and the YMCA may also open.
On Friday May 22 bars and tasting rooms are allowed to reopen with 25% occupancy. Restuarants may operate at 50% capacity. The capacity rules do not apply to outdoor areas as long as distancing standards are met.
Beginning Sunday, May 31 day youth and sports camps, including overnight camps may open. Certain professional sports without in-person spectators may resume under the DSHS guidelines for conducting the events. Each league must submit, along with a request for approval, a plan that incorporates applicable minimum standard health protocols recommended by the Department of State Health Services and such additional measures as are needed to ensure a safe plan for conducting the events. The Department of State Health Services, in consultation with the Office of the Governor and any recommendations by the advisory Strike Force to Open Texas, will review the applications.
Summer Schools may begin on or after June 1.
Recommended minimum health protocols outlined by DSHS and the Governor’s Report to Open Texas is available at www.gov.texas.gov/opentexas.
The following are the minimum recommended health protocols for all individuals in Texas:
- Maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals not within the same household.
- Self-screen before going into a business for any new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash or disinfect hands upon entering a business and after any interaction with employees, other customers, or items in the business.
- Consider wearing cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth) when entering a business, or when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of the individual’s household.
Up to date COVID-19 information for the City of Marble Falls is available at www.marblefallstx.gov/newsflash.