Effective Thursday, March 19, 2020 Mayor John Packer issued a Disaster Declaration due to concerns over the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The primary objective of this Declaration is to activate the appropriate actions and recovery due to the potentional threat of COVID-19 in the City of Marble Falls.
In the interest of public health, this Declaration provides the following recommendations to mitigate community spread of coronavirus:
- Cancel gatherings of ten or more people.
- Avoid eating or drinking in bars, restaurants and food courts. Attempt to use drive through pick-ups or delivery options, if possible.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits.
- Avoid visiting nursing homes, retirement, or long-term care facilitates, unless to provide critical assistance.
- Consider offering video/audio of events.
- Determine ways to continue providing support services to individuals at increased risk of server disease while limiting group settings and exposures. (Meals on Wheels, and other home services).
The Disaster Declaration will be in effect for seven days, with the potential for extension.
We encourage you to refer to www.cdc.gov or www.dshs.texas.gov for up-to-date information on the status of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and to follow the guidelines and mitigation strategies recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide updates on the City’s website as they become available – www.marblefallstx.gov
Chrsitina McDonald, City Secretary/PIO