With so much misinformation and speculation surrounding COVID-19, the City of Marble Falls would like to provide as much factual information as we currently have.
To date there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in Burnet County or Llano County. We wish to keep this a reality as long as possible!
Dr. Madrigal, Burnet County Health Authority recommends the following:
- Limit social gatherings to 50 people or less
- Continue to shop local. Consider takeout or curbside delivery to limit your exposure in public places.
City Officials and Marble Falls Emergency Management are in constant contact with Public Health, Texas Emergency Management, and local officials in coordination with the COVID-19 response and are making plans for response to the situation if and when Burnet County is affected.
The City of Marble Falls has implemented the following for the next 30 days to assist our utility paying customers:
- Credit card fees will be waived for those that wish to pay by phone or online. Reminder that there is a payment drop box located on the west side of the City Hall building.
- Late fees will be waived.
- There will be no disconnection of utility services for non-payment.
The City has also cancelled all events at City rented facilities until April 15th.
What can you do?
- Wash your hands often or use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover cough and sneezes or use the inside of your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
Drive up testing is available at Baylor Scott & White Marble Falls if you answer yes to the questions on the CDC’s website or the prescreening questions available Baylor Scott & White’s website www.bswhealth.com. You must have a doctor’s note in order to be tested. This is an 8:00 am – 5:00 pm service that requires you to drive up to the front doors of the hospital.
Stay informed through www.cdc.gov or www.dshs.texas.gov.
Thank you for your support and understanding. We continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide updates on the City’s website (www.marblefallstx.gov) as they become available.
City Secretary/Public Information Officer