Park View Park
Open Public Meeting Tonight
Thursday, May 12th, 2022
City Council Chambers, 800 3rd St., Marble Falls, Texas
Input regarding the design elements to be considered for the 11.9 acres of public parkland located at Park View Dr and Park Ridge Drive
PARK VIEW PARK HISTORY
In 2016, as part of the 2017 Update to the Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Master Plan, a design charrette was hosted to discuss the elements to be included for 11.9 acres of unimproved parkland located at Park View Rd and Park Ridge Road. For the time being, this potential park space is referred to as Park View Park. The parcel is situated in the northeast part of the community and is currently the only park land of this size east of 281. To view the previous plan, you can click HERE.
Development of the park land is now feasible. However, a review of the previous concept plan was felt to be needed to ensure design elements for the park space still meet the needs of the community. On May 3, 2022, the City Council approved a contract with Luck Design to develop concept designs and subsequent 30% schematic designs for the park project and updated construction estimates.
As part of the process, a public meeting will be held to gain feedback on Thursday, May 12, 2022, at City Council Chambers, located at 800 Third Street, Marble Falls, Texas. Also, an online survey will be circulated to allow other means for citizens to provide feedback (click HERE for the survey link). The tentative proposed schedule for the project is as follows:
- Public Meeting – Thursday, May 12th | 6:00 PM | City Council Chambers
- Online Citizen Survey – complete online through May 21st
- Joint Workshop with City Council and Parks and Recreation Commission – June 7th | 5:00 PM | City Council Chambers to discuss proposed concept drawings
- Presentation to Parks and Recreation Commission of final concept drawing – July 11th | 12:00 PM | City Council Chambers
- Discussion and approval of concept drawing by City Council – July 12th | 6:00 PM | City Council Chambers
- Upon approval of the concept, Luck Design will proceed with 30% design and construction cost estimation
- Schedule and funding for construction will be approved as part for the City’s Capital Improvement Plan and will be decided later as more details of the project are determined.
(Please stay tuned to this page as we provide notes and updates after the meeting and on the progress.)