- Public Works
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
Wastewater Treatment Plant
This department manages the reclamation of wastewater received from the business and housing community for further distribution to the irrigation farm. The wastewater treatment plant consists of a supervisor and five certified operators.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide quality effluent water for irrigation of Coastal Grass at the Irrigation Farm and provide quality reuse water for irrigation at the parks and recreation fields.
- Maintain proper operation and maintenance of equipment at the Wastewater Plant
- Keep waste solids at a manageable level in the plant
- Meet or exceed parameters set forth by permit with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Accomplished in 2018 - 2019
- Irrigation of parks and soccer fields with reusable water, along with providing reuse water to the City of Meadowlakes Golf Course.
- Produce the best possible effluent water by complying with state regulations.
- Maintain grounds and buildings so that the appearance is acceptable to the surrounding areas of the plant.
- Continued liquid sludge program by accepting waste from septic haulers.
- Refurbished number the clarifier to obtain optimal quality effluent water for years to come.
- Pulling together as a team to keep the plant operations up to TCEQ standards during and after the flood of 2018.
Plan to accomplish in 2019 - 2020
- Continue to learn, train, and upgrade operator licenses with TCEQ
- Maintain grounds and buildings
- Continue to provide reusable water to the park system, soccer fields, Meadowlakes Golf Course
- Upgrade plant SCADA screening system
- Explore wastewater treatment plant expansion options per TCEQ requirements.