Common Code Violations

This page contains general information about common code violations. For more detailed information, consult the City of Marble Falls Code of Ordinances. Report suspected violations by calling the Code Enforcement division at 830-798-7091 or 830-798-7092.


  • Items or trash placed at the curb on non-trash pick-up days, e.g. household goods, furniture, or tree clippings
  • Grass and leaves blown/left in public roadways.
  • Bandit Signs, e.g., illegal off-premise signs or garage sale signs
  • Expired temporary signage
  • Signs placed within the public right-of-way
  • Improper storage of a trailer, boat, vehicles
  • Junk vehicles
  • Shipping Containers and Semi-trailers used in unauthorized districts
  • Parking on unimproved surfaces e.g., grass areas
  • Indoor furniture used outdoors
  • High grass and weeds

Mowing Violation

It shall be the responsibility of any person described in Chapter 13, Article 4, Section 13-101 of the Code of Ordinances to maintain the right-of-way area from the property line of the lot or parcel to the curb line. If there is no curb line, then from the property line to the edge of the pavement. Grass can be no taller than 12" in height.

If the lot or property adjoins an unpaved street or alley, then maintenance shall be from the property line to the center line of the adjacent unpaved street or alley.

Chapter 13, Article IV, Sec. 13-101 (a-c), Code of Ordinances, City of Marble Falls, Texas
Chapter 13, Article IV, Sec. 13-102 (a-c), Code of Ordinances, City of Marble Falls, Texas


Grass Before


Grass After


Trash and Debris - Before


Trash and Debris - After

To report a Code Violation click here or contact the Code Enforcement Department at 830-798-7095.