Non-Point Source Pollution (NPS) Ordinance
The Non-Point Source Pollution (NPS) Ordinance governs the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of drainage, erosion, and water quality control facilities within the city and the extraterritorial jurisdiction.
Projects EXEMPT from the NPS Ordinance include:
- New construction of a single-family residence on a single-family lot which is not part of a subdivision.
- Existing development; however, if improvements, additions, or revisions to the approved plans are made after the effective date of Chapter 28 that require a site plan, building permit, or any type of plat, then the land owner or land user must obtain NPS pollution control authorization.
- Developments or redevelopments of one acre or less that are not part of a larger common plan of development.
Technical Construction Standards and Specifications
Minimum standards for development are contained in the Technical Construction Standards and Specifications (TCSS). The TCSS is comprised of provisions/policies the City of Marble Falls implements that pertain to the construction of site improvements such as paving, storm drainage structures, and landscaping improvements.
Impact Fees are charged to new development to offset the costs of providing utility infrastructure (water and sanitary sewer) to serve the new development. Impact fee assessment encompasses the entire municipal limits as well as most of the extraterritorial jurisdiction.
A summary of the current adopted Impact Fees can be found under Fee Schedules.
Public Improvement District Policy
Public Improvement Districts (PIDs) are defined geographical areas established to provide specific types of improvements which are financed by assessments against the property owners within the area. A PID may only be used to pay for public improvements.
For more information, please see the Public Improvement District Policy.
Adopted Ordinances and Codes
View the current Code of Ordinances here.
The current adopted building codes are below:
- 2012 International Building Code including Appendices A through M and Q
- 2012 International Residential Code including Appendices A through K
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code including Appendices A and B
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code including Appendices A and B
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code including Appendices A and B
- 2012 International Fire Code including Appendices B through I
- 2011 National Electric Code including Annex A through H
- 2015 NFPA 101, Life Safety Code Handbook
- City of Marble Falls Code of Ordinances
- All State and Federal Laws