The Building Division's goal is to safeguard the public health, safety, and general welfare through compliance with the adopted building codes affiliated with structural strength, sanitation, and energy conservation.
Flood Insurance Rate Maps Update
The City of Marble Falls is updating the floodplain maps. Paper copies of the Preliminary FIRMs are available to view at the Development Services Department.
International Code Council Certified
100% of the Building Division staff has earned professional certifications from the International Code Council.
Click the links below for more information about building activity.
APPLY for a permit, PAY your permit fees, TRACK the progress, SCHEDULE inspections all ONLINE!
Current Adopted Codes
The City of Marble Falls' current adopted codes are:
- 2015 International Building Code including Appendices A through M and Q
- 2015 International Residential Code including Appendices A through K
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code including Appendices A and B
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code including Appendices A and B
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code including Appendices A and B
- 2015 International Fire Code including Appendices B through I
- 2014 National Electric Code including Annex A through H
- 2015 NFPA 101, Life Safety Code Handbook
- City of Marble Falls Code of Ordinances
- All State and Federal Laws
Please consult the Building Official regarding any amendments to the adopted codes that may or may not exist.